The Atwima Nwabiagya District has a projected population of about 174,872 people and the Sub district (Abuakwa) in which the Baptist Medical Centre is situated also has a projected population of about 45,117 people. Nkawie is the capital town of the District.
The Baptist Medical Centre, Abuakwa is a medium sized hospital situated in the Ghana Baptist University College in Abuakwa Campus (20-bed) in the Atwima Nwabiagya Distirct in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
The Facility was built and equipped by the Ghana Baptist University College (GBUC), and started operations with a two-week free medical screening from 6th June, 2016.
The Baptist Medical Centre, Abuakwa is a member of the Christian Health Association of Ghana (CHAG) operating under the Ghana Baptist Health Services.
The Medical Centre provides the following services:
- Out-Patient Department (OPD) Services
- Diagnostic services including Laboratory examinations and Ultra Sound services.
- Eye Care Services
- Direct Pharmacy Services
- Reproductive and Child Health Services such as antenatal, delivery, postnatal and Child Welfare Clinics (CWCs).
- Health promotion and education on prevention of diseases.
- Immunizations against childhood illness such as measles, tuberculosis, whooping cough, tetanus and polio.