In his Induction Speech in November 2016, the President of GBUC indicated that there is a structural revolution in higher education. He explained there is an emerging pattern of global strategic partnerships, where a university shares programmes with other universities, and said GBUC has a plan to accelerate and sharpen its international strategy and focus on the strategic development of key international academic alliances. The University College’s Executive Management Committee, therefore, inserted collaboration with overseas tertiary institutions in its “Operation 2017” plan.
We wish to announce that GBUC has reached collaboration agreements with two tertiary institutions abroad.
First, collaboration agreement has been signed between GBUC and Elstal Theological Seminary in Germany. The agreement is for the purpose of cooperation in teaching and research.
The scope of the agreement is listed below:
- Elstal Theological Seminary of Elstal and the Ghana Baptist University College inform each other about their courses and ongoing research projects, to develop opportunities for cooperation in teaching and research.
- Elstal Theological Seminary and the Ghana Baptist University College agree to select suitable students for scholarship programmes or for student exchange for studying at the respective other university. According to their possibilities, they prepare students who are invited to study at the inviting university. Students who are invited to study at Elstal Theological Seminary or the Ghana Baptist University College under this cooperation agreement are exempted from the payment of study fees.
- Elstal Theological Seminary and the Ghana Baptist University College aim to cooperate in the field of teaching through guest lectures held by the members of the teaching staff at the other institution. For the duration of the guest lectures, the host university provides accommodation and meals to the guest lecturer and pays a local fee.
- Elstal Theological Seminary and the Ghana Baptist University College strive to collaborate in research. The results of the research are to be published jointly. Elstal Theological Seminary and the Ghana Baptist University College each appoint a responsible member from the university's teaching staff for the coordination of the agreed research projects. Elstal Theological Seminary and the Ghana Baptist University College provide reciprocal access to publications published by their university's staff members.
Second, GBUC has signed a collaboration agreement with Sumy State University, Ukraine. The scope of the Memorandum of Understanding includes:
- Academic exchange of research and teaching staff with the aim of training, conducting lectures, fulfilment of joint academic activities such as: continuing studies at Sumy State University in the corresponding specialities (degree programs), distance learning education, double-degree programs etc.
- Establishment by partners of joint educational centres, distance-learning centres, and laboratories.
- Organization of joint conferences and seminars on agreed subjects, exchange of scientific information, providing opportunity for Universities staff to publish scientific articles as well as the results of joint scientific and research activities in specialized editions and scientific publications of Universities.
- Fulfillment of joint research projects.
- Participation in international educational and scientific programs and exhibitions.